Monday, January 16, 2006

26th April, 2005 AD

Given the number of people who quit this place each day, I think it would be great idea if they install drop boxes - you know, just like the ones they have for collecting monthly Citibank payment cheques. The drop box should be installed in a prominent area and have the sign, "Please deposit your resignation letters here." Someone could open these boxes twice a week – or thrice a week if business gets really good - and process them so that all settlements can be made on time. I think far too much time is spent by managers in the elaborate ritual of taking the letter from the employee, listening to the employee as he or she makes up a fancy story, and then saying, "Sweetheart, are you sure you want to do this?", and so on.

Come on fellas, no matter how fancy the reason for quitting ("I want to take up transcendental meditation, and raise kangaroos."), people usually quit because they want a better job that pays more gold. Period. Don't kid yourself. In the meanwhile, install those drop boxes.

I think I will "post" this idea, I might even win a trip to Laddakh – a one-way trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home