Monday, January 16, 2006

June 13th, 2005 AD

"Awards are in, serious work is out, for the summer collection" out here. The latest fad in my workplace is getting awards for courses. I suspect that if a client calls up late in the evening saying his Web application is crashing and his life is falling apart, most people won't be around. They will be too busy discussing which courses to send for various awards.

The following is the general procedure for Awards:

1. Dig up all the old and forgotten courses
2. Fight like a bunch of schoolchildren over which courses to send. ("If you don't send my course, I won't share my white-board marker with you. I also won’t have lunch with you.")
3. Apply for the awards with as much fanfare as possible
4. If a course should win a prize, no matter how obscure ("The Kentucky Hicksville Daily has given us the Best Cartoon of the Year award!!!"), never let 'em forget it! Put up posters and banners, have public celebrations, send across a hundred emails, and have a marching band. Never let 'em forget it!

I seriously think they should consider the Oscars next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home