Monday, January 16, 2006

22nd June, 2005 AD

"I don't find most of the people in my workplace are very evolved. I suspect that if you mention Pink Floyd to them, they would think it is a brand of nail polish."

Who said my workplace only has the sort of people who would think Pink Floyd is a brand of nail polish? My workplace is full of eccentric characters too. One of my colleagues, for instance, believes her boss is a monkey.

I thought she was referring to him "symbolically" - I've heard people referring to their bosses as vampires, crocodiles, donkeys, reptiles, and so on - but my colleague seems earnest about this monkey thing, because that's what she called him all the time. I am sure it is due to temporary trauma brought about by overwork because she also dreamt of the Big Boss sitting on a dining table asking her about source content for an online training she is developing. I didn't realize people had such interesting dreams. We decided that this dream must have some "interpretation" - dining table, content and all. And if you brought Dr. Freud into the business, the "interpretation" can only be too interesting. Perhaps my colleague should tell the Big Boss about her dream.

Big Boss: Good morning
She: Good morning...Um - I had an interesting dream about you last night.
Big Boss: Eh? You did?
She: Yes. I dreamt that you were sitting on a dining table, and asking me if I had received the source content.
Big Boss: Hey, that's interesting! I have a book on interpretation of dreams; I will look it up and see if your dream has any subconscious interpretations.

(Big Boss looks up the book and comes back to the colleague.)
Big Boss: Er - we need to talk.

On second thoughts, it would be safer for my colleague to refer to her boss as a monkey, that confessing her dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home