Monday, January 16, 2006

June 24th, 2005 AD

One of my colleagues - the one who believes that her boss is a monkey - is having a truly disturbing "commute" to the office these days. Like me, she travels in a quaint vehicle called Sumo, which was apparently manufactured for humans without backbones. Humans with backbones, who travel in this vehicle, are guaranteed spinal problems.

My colleague is not disturbed about the bumpy ride, though. She is embarrassed by a newly-wed couple in the back seat who show their affections by being all "touchy-feely". Apparently, the home video continues in the Sumo. This is quite different from the Sumo in which I travel, where men and women both carry pepper spray, and maintain a foot of distance from each other even if that meant sticking one's head out of the window.

Well, no matter how strongly my well-meaning colleague feels about the couple misusing company transport, I would advise her not to be disturbed. In a few months, I bet they probably won't be talking much to each other in the morning. The little conversation they have will consist of, "Buy those potatoes and turnips on your way home - and don't forget." and "How many times have I told you to replace the toothpaste lid?"

The "touches and feels" will be history.

She: Do you remember those Sumo rides to the office through Gurgaon all those years ago?
He: Huh? Yes.
She: Do you remember how we used to...you know...here, what's the matter.
He: I think I am going to throw up.

1 Comments:

Blogger shruti said...

hmm cute... I wonder why that happens thou ..where do we go wrong ?

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home